Monday, May 7, 2012

Deliberate Living...Around the Web

Well I actually forgot to post some of my favorite links from this week around the web on Friday! I need to get better about posting regularly. It's hard to keep up with the pace of the Internet sometimes without a connection at my apartment! Oh well. Better late than never I suppose :) Below are some things that caught my eye this week in the realm of simple living, minimalism, etc. Enjoy!

If money doesn't make you happy, you aren't spending it right- according to the Journal of Consumer Psychology from Harvard. Interesting!

One blogger, Beau, is transitioning to a post-materialistic life. Follow his progress at his blog.

Appreciating the breathtaking beauty of the "supermoon".

Via Unconsumption- a fun way to give new life to old paintbrushes that have frayed or otherwise unusable tips! Very chic.

Change isn't just coming. It's already infiltrated the mainstream. We all need to collaborate to come up with solutions for our grievances...because business is connected to pollution is connected to the environment is connected to our health is connected to our happiness is connected to our well being is connected to everything.

The Compass Green Project- a mobile classroom that where students can learn about agriculture and how to utilize the scarce existing land we have to produce food.

That's probably going to do it for me. I didn't have as much time to peruse this week as I'm dealing with buying a new-to-me car, dealing with some dental work, & a new job! Life is definitely hectic in the best way possible.   Was there anything I missed on the web that piqued your interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment